Payment of Tuition:
All students that wish to attend a weekly private lesson or a weekly Group Experience class are enrolled in VIP Tuition.
Student enrollment and VIP Tuition is automatically renewed each month. VIP Tuition is charged to the credit or debit card on the account on the 1st of each month until cancellation notice is received by the office in writing.
VIP Tuition reserves your lessons or classes for the month in advance, at the same day and time. VIP Tuition is based on an entire calendar year, divided into equal monthly payments and is not a per-lesson charge. Holiday closures have been calculated into the VIP Tuition rate and the monthly payment will remain the same regardless of the number of weeks, classes or lessons in the month (including 3 or 5-week months). VIP Tuition is not adjusted for missed lessons or classes unless canceled by RMC without a make-up opportunity.
Please keep all other commitments in mind when choosing your preferred ongoing lesson or class time.
Termination Notice (Long Term Cancellation):
We understand that things come up and students must take extended absences or breaks from their music lessons and classes. To avoid a cancellation charge and to allow other students the opportunity to book the lesson time, please let us know of your intent to cancel enrollment in writing by the 15th of the month. Termination Forms are located in the front office; you may also email us with your intent to cancel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Termination Notices received between the 15th and 24th of the month that wish to take effect on the 1st of the month will be charged a $50 cancellation charge.
- Termination Notices received between the 25th and the 31st of the month will be processed for the following month or charged in full for immediate termination. Failure to attend lessons or classes does not automatically cancel your autopayment. There are no refunds or future credits given for failure to terminate lessons timely.
Students that wish to attend a partial calendar month must also complete a Lesson Termination form before the 15th of the month prior to desired withdrawal. Your next monthly payment will be adjusted at the per-lesson tuition rate. (example: desired date of withdrawal is June 20th, termination notice must be submitted prior to May 15th (your June autopay will be adjusted at the per-lesson rate).
Make-Up Lessons for Private Lessons Only (Offered for Illness):
Make-up lessons are only given due to illness.
- Make-up lessons due to illness are limited to 1 make-up lesson per calendar month.
- Students must notify the office of the absence as soon as possible - do not notify instructor directly. Students that do not contact the office (“no shows”) will not be eligible for a make-up lesson.
- Make-up lessons must be taken within a week of the missed lesson. Make-up lessons are offered on a space available basis and do not accumulate or carry over.
- Due to limited availability, there are no make-up options for Group Experience or Foundation classes.
- There are no credits or refunds given for missed lessons or classes.
Students must bring a notebook or binder each week to record assignments. Notebooks are available for purchase in the front office. When a student progresses, it is recommended they purchase the next level learning materials. Book charges typically remain under $10, but occasionally retail up to $20. All required books will be charged to the credit card on file at the time of the lesson.
Holidays and Studio Closures:
For your convenience, RMC is OPEN on many school holidays. Studio closure calendars are posted throughout our studios as well as located online and dates listed by phone. Studio closures have already been factored into the monthly VIP Tuition rate, therefore, make-up lessons are not available, and accounts are not adjusted for studio closures.
RMC instructors are not individual contractors, but a TEAM of educators working together. If your instructor is out, a well-qualified substitute will be provided at your regularly scheduled lesson time. There are no credits or make ups given if a student chooses to cancel the lesson due to substitution. If no substitute is available, the lesson will be rescheduled within 1-week.
Personal Schedule Conflicts:
Please keep other activities and commitments in mind when scheduling your ongoing private lesson or class time. Your monthly tuition payment reserves your specific lesson or class time weekly (in advance) and remains the same regardless of student attendance.
Single Lesson Scheduling Conflict:
- Notify the office of your planned absence as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com or calling (619) 225-9597 (do not notify instructor). Advance notification allows the instructor to plan lessons for other students or offer make-up opportunities for other students who have been out due to illness.
- Between the dates of Oct. 1st – May 31st, if you would prefer to “reschedule” your lesson due to an outside scheduling conflict (including school and sports), there will be a $15 charge made to the credit card on file to reserve an additional lesson time with an instructor. This option is only offered on a space-available basis 1 week before/after the lesson conflict and is not guaranteed.
- There are no future lesson credits or refunds given for missed lessons or classes.
Request a new lesson time ongoing:
- Notify the office in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible. Please allow up to 5 business days to be contacted for new lesson options.
- If unable to find a new ongoing lesson day or time, RMC cancellation policy still applies. There are no credits or refunds given for payments already processed and make-up options are not guaranteed.
Liability and Responsibility:
- RMC is not responsible for children left unattended. Please be prompt in drop off and pick up of your underage student.
- RMC is not responsible for personal belongings left in our studio.
All enrolled students and guardians release RMC and its employees of any liability whatsoever arising out of any injury, damage or loss which may be sustained by yourself, your minor children, or other family members during the course of any involvement with RMC. This includes activities held in any studio, classroom or performance location during lessons, classes, performances or rehearsals.
To ensure a quick response, send correspondence to one email address (please do not “cc” multiple email addresses): General Information or Account Inquiries: email@example.com
Single or Ongoing Lesson Cancellations or Schedule Change Requests: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email instructors regarding schedule changes or cancellations)
By enrolling in activities at RMC, it is believed that you have read this agreement, understand its contents and accept and assume such risks.