Welcome to Recreational Music Center (RMC)
Important Lesson & Studio Policies
Updated: September 2018
Payment of Tuition:
VIP Tuition is charged on the 1st of the month through autopay. VIP Tuition is based on an entire calendar year, divided into equal monthly payments. Holidays and an average number of missed lessons have been calculated into the VIP Tuition rate.
Your VIP tuition reserves your specific weekly lesson or class time ongoing until we receive your written notice of cancellation (see additional details below).
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure payment method is accurate. You may update your credit card through Teacher Zone or by contacting the front desk.
- Failure to attend lessons or classes does not cancel your auto payment.
Termination Notice (Long Term Cancellation):
Lesson Termination Forms are located in the front office as well as on our website. You will receive a Lesson Termination Confirmation email within 7 days.
- Termination Notice must be given to the front office or online, not with the instructor.
- Termination Notice must be submitted in writing by the 15th of the month prior to your desired withdrawal date (example: desired withdrawal date is October 1st, notice must be submitted prior to September 15th).
- Termination Notices received between the 15th and 25th of the month that wish to take effect on the 1st of the month will be charged a $50 cancellation charge.
- Termination Notices received between the 25th and the 31st of the month will be processed for the following month or charged in full for immediate termination. There are no refunds or future credits given for failure to terminate lessons timely.
Students that wish to attend a partial calendar month must also complete a Lesson Termination form before the 15th of the month prior to desired withdrawal. Your next monthly payment will be adjusted at the per-lesson tuition rate. (example: desired date of withdrawal is June 20th, termination notice must be submitted prior to May 15th (your June autopay will be adjusted at the per-lesson rate).
Make-Up Lessons (Offered for Illness Only):
Make-up lessons are only given due to illness.
- Make-up lessons due to illness are limited to 1 make-up lesson per calendar month.
- Students must notify the office of the absence as soon as possible - do not notify instructor directly. Students that do not contact the office (“no shows”) will not be eligible for a make-up lesson.
- Make-up lessons must be taken within a week of the missed lesson. Make-up lessons are offered on a space available basis and do not accumulate or carry over.
- Due to limited availability, there are no make-up options for Group Experience or Foundation classes.
- There are no credits or refunds given for missed lessons or classes.
When a student progresses, it is recommended they purchase the next level learning materials. Book charges typically remain under $10, but occasionally retail up to $20. All required books will be charged to the credit card on file.
RMC understands our students are active community members, which is why an average number of student absences have already been factored into our VIP tuition rate. Your monthly payment reserves your specific lesson time weekly and remains the same regardless of student attendance.
Single Lesson Scheduling Conflict:
- Notify the office of your planned absence at least 48-hours prior to the scheduled lesson by emailing email@example.com or calling (619) 225-9597 (do not notify instructor).
- Your instructor may choose to utilize Teacher Zone to assign additional goals or practice during your absence. Continue to practice until your next scheduled lesson.
- Between the dates of Oct. 1st – May 31st, if you would prefer to “reschedule” your missed lesson, there will be a $15 charge made to the credit card on file to reserve the additional lesson time with an instructor. This option is only offered on a space-available basis 1 week before/after the lesson conflict and is not guaranteed.
- There are no future lesson credits or refunds given for missed lessons.
Ongoing Personal Schedule Conflicts (request for a new lesson time ongoing):
- Notify the office as soon as possible by completing a Lesson Schedule Change Request (this must be done in writing). Please allow up to 7 days to be contacted for new lesson options.
- RMC cancellation policy still applies if unable to find a new ongoing lesson day or time. There are no credits or refunds given for payments already processed.
Holidays and Studio Closures:
Studio closures are posted throughout our studios as well as located online and by phone. Studio closures have been factored into the VIP tuition rate. Make-up lessons are not available for studio closures.
Liability and Responsibility:
- RMC is not responsible for children left unattended. Please be prompt in drop off and pick up of your underage student.
- RMC is not responsible for personal belongings left in our studio.
All enrolled students and guardians release RMC and its employees of any liability whatsoever arising out of any injury, damage or loss which may be sustained by yourself, your minor children, or other family members during the course of any involvement with RMC. This includes activities held in any studio, classroom or performance location during lessons, classes, performances or rehearsals.
By enrolling in activities at RMC, it is believed that you have read this agreement, understand its contents and accept and assume such risks.
To ensure a quick response, send correspondence to only one email address:
General Information or Account Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Single or Ongoing Lesson Cancellations or Schedule Change Requests: email@example.com (please do not email instructors regarding schedule changes or cancellations)
If your instructor is out, a well-qualified substitute will be provided at your regularly scheduled lesson time. There are no credits or make ups given if a student chooses to cancel the lesson due to substitution. If no substitute is available, the lesson will be rescheduled within 1-week.
VIP Private Lesson FAQ
Updated: September 2018
What is VIP tuition?
VIP tuition is our monthly tuition payment for all students wishing to reserve a regular weekly lesson or class time. All students that reserve a recurring weekly lesson time are enrolled in auto pay which reserves their lesson time ongoing. Each flat rate payment is charged on the 1st of the month and covers your reserved, weekly lesson for the entire calendar month. VIP tuition is a flat rate monthly tuition payment, not a per-lesson charge. All studio closures and an average number of missed lessons have been included in tuition.
How do I cancel my VIP tuition?
Long term schedule cancellations cannot be accepted verbally. Please complete a lesson termination notice at the front office. There are no cancellation charges for cancellation requests received prior to the 15th of the month. Long term cancellations submitted between the 15th – 25th of the month will be charged a $50 cancellation charge; Cancellations received after the 25th of the month will be processed for the following month or charged one month tuition in full for immediate termination. Notifying the instructor or canceling lessons on Teacher Zone does not cancel the autopay or release the student from liability of payment. There are no refunds or credits given once the auto payment has processed. You will receive an email confirming your account cancellation within 7 days.
What happens if I am sick?
Please call (619) 225-9597 at your earliest convenience to notify the office of your absence. You will be given options to schedule a make-up lesson within one week of the absence based on instructor availability. Unused lessons due to illness are limited to 1 occurrence per month. Please note that unused lessons do not accumulate and do not carry over. There are no credits or refunds given for missed lessons. Students that “no show” are not eligible for a make-up. Please contact the office directly if an extended absence due to illness is expected.
Please note: any cancellations made on Teacher Zone cannot be rescheduled- this option should only be used if you do not want to schedule a make-up lesson.
If I can’t attend my lesson this week, will my monthly fee be adjusted?
No. Private music lessons are appointment based and an instructors’ time has been reserved specifically for you each week. Please keep in mind all other activities, practices and appointments when choosing a consistent time to schedule your ongoing private lesson.
I have a schedule conflict during my lesson this week, how do I cancel or reschedule a lesson?
Notify our office of your inability to attend at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48-hours prior to your scheduled lesson. Please continue to work on your assignments and log your practice time through Teacher Zone. If your instructor feels it necessary, they may assign additional assignments through the Teacher Zone portal until your next scheduled lesson. If you would prefer to “reschedule” your missed lesson, there will be a $15 charge made to the credit card on file to reserve an additional lesson time with an instructor (between the dates of Oct. 1st – May 31st only). This option is not guaranteed and 48-hours notice still applies.
I have a new weekly schedule conflict. Can I change my ongoing lesson time?
Yes! Please notify us as early as possible by filling out a Lesson Change Request form in the office or sending us an email at email@example.com with your new availability and lesson preferences. While every effort will be made to find a new day and time that works for you, we cannot guarantee instructor or time availability. There are no charges for long term reschedule requests, however, there are no credits or refunds given once the monthly tuition has been processed.
There is a holiday closure on my scheduled lesson day. Will my monthly fee be adjusted?
RMC studio closures have already been calculated into the VIP tuition rate. RMC reserves your personal preferred weekly lesson time ongoing and does not adjust monthly payments regardless of how many of your scheduled lessons were attended during the calendar month. This includes holiday closures as well as 5 week months. Please note: Lessons that fall on a holiday are not rescheduled.
What happens if my instructor is out?
RMC instructors are active participants in the music scene! From time to time, RMC instructors may participate in various performances on the local as well as national level. In the event of an extended absence, students will be informed in advance and a well-qualified instructor/substitute will be assigned until the instructor returns.
When an instructor is out sick, on a vacation or has an emergency, RMC will provide a well-qualified instructor/substitute to teach all scheduled lessons for that day. RMC believes that everyone can benefit from a second opinion and views a substitute instructor as a great source of feedback and a new perspective! Therefore, cancellations made by a student due to instructor absence will not be financially credited if the student chooses not to attend. If the student’s lesson is unable to be reassigned to a substitute, RMC will contact the student for additional rescheduling options.
Private and Group Lesson Pricing
General Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Cancellations: email@example.com
VIP Private Lesson Tuition (flat rate monthly tuition reserves your weekly lesson time ongoing):
All students that wish to reserve an ongoing private lesson time are set up on auto pay (we call this VIP tuition). Each flat rate, low cost payment is withdrawn on the 1st of the month and covers your reserved, weekly lesson for the entire calendar month. Cancellations must be submitted in writing by the 15th of the month to avoid being charged a $50 cancellation charge. Please note: The monthly VIP tuition is a reduced, predictable monthly payment based on a yearly tuition average. This payment is a flat rate tuition option, not a PER-LESSON charge. All studio closures have been included in this tuition option.
30 Minute Private Lessons …………………………………………………………………………... $140 per month auto pay
45 Minute Private Lessons …………………………….…………………………………………….. $200 per month auto pay
60 Minute Private Lessons ………………………….……………………………………………….. $280 per month auto pay
“Book As You Go" Individual Private Lesson Rate:
Lessons are booked and purchased individually; if purchasing more than 2 lessons, please see office for additional details on this option
30 Minute Lessons = $ 38 per lesson (Great for audition prep!)
45 Minute Lessons = $ 55 per lesson (Great for audition prep!)
60 Minute Lessons = $ 70 per lesson (Great for audition prep!)
Group Lesson Tuition:
Weekly Group Experience Classes................................$80 per month auto pay ($40 per month for VIP’s)
Foundation Classes………………………………………………………………………………..$275 per session + cost of book
Early Childhood Tuition (monthly enrollment reserved on-going; MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED)
Music Makers (Lil Movers, Tots and Toddlers; Ages 0-3) …………….……………………..$40 per month auto pay
Musical Families (Siblings; Ages 0-5) ………………………………….…………......$40 per month/per child auto pay
Piano Pals (Ages 3-4) …………………………………………………………..….$50 per month auto pay/$15 drop in rate
Musical Explorers (Ages 4-6) …………………………………………………..……..……….…………$80 per month auto pay
Charter/Home School lessons and classes are booked ongoing and follow the same pricing, cancellation and payment policies as VIP private lesson tuition. All certificates are due on the 1st of the month and cancellations must be communicated in writing prior to the 15th of the month to avoid being charged for the following month. A valid credit card must remain on account and is subject to charge if payment is not received by the 10th day of the month. (Please see policies for reschedule/make up requests)
WHAT IF MUSIC LESSONS ARE COST-PROHIBITIVE?
If the cost of tuition or any other financial obstacle prevents you from pursuing your musical passions, please Click Here